and I got an idea for a little card/container for a gift that looks like this:
The intent was to make a swinging card front that opens to reveal the center where you can store some goodies. (I intend to put a bracelet).
After I took the picture I cleaned up the rough edges with a nail file. Colored it brown with a permanent marker.
I also wanted to see how it would look with a bow... So I added a bow and took this picture:
I think it is nice either way.
- Pull off top and bottom of spool. Trace onto paper of choice. You will need 3 to cover inside and out of top and bottom. :)
- Die Cut using pendants nestabilities the Fleur De Lis pieces.
- Stamp tree and bird on cardstock using pigment ink.
- Stamp background script using versamark. Heat emboss using clear embossing powder.
- Sponge yellow dye ink over background. Sponge brown dye ink around edges.
- Attach fleur de lis pieces around the top. Attach stamped image over the border.
- File edges of circle frame on spool to remove excess glue and cardboard. Color frame edge using marker or ink pad.
- Plan for your brad to stick into the edge of the ribbon center. (I made a mistake and had to use a foam dot to attach my swing top. I also used a glue dot on my brad tip to add additional stickiness in holding it into the frame. Poke hole through frame and top and attach with brad.
- Cut a strip of cardstock to size to wrap around outside of spool and another for inside. I stamped on the inside piece.
- Cut circle for center inside and stamp sentiment. Attach to bottom.
- Cover bottom with cardstock on both top and bottom. Re-Attach to frame.
Hope you enjoyed this. I was pleased with the results and would like to re-do another one now that I have learned a few things along the way.