Friday, November 5, 2010

Christmas Gifts

I saw the beautiful colors over at the Embellish Challenge and thought of using the 2S4Y Kazan's Sketch 65 and combining the challenges together and creating a Christmas gift bag. This also works for Hero Arts monthly theme of Gifts / Gift tags.

Here is what I created:
 Here is the Embellish inspirational photo
 and the sketch:
The pink in my picture looks a little darker than the inspiration but it is due to me trying to showcase the vellum bag.

I didn't have any good bags in the house to stamp on and I wanted to showcase my cute little snowman, so I decided to create a vellum bag.  Here is the recipe for the bag:

  1. Cut two pieces of vellum 5" x 10". Score at 8 1/2" on both pieces. Gentle on the scoring. (Mine cut through. :) I made my bag so the bottom doesn't fold up. If you need it to fold up you would create a bottom piece similar to the sides. Put double sided tacky tape along bottom flap on outside on one piece and on inside on the outside flap on the other piece.
  2. Cut two side pieces 5" x 8". Score at 1", 2 1/2", 4" across the 5" span on both pieces. Fold the side pieces in half and fold outer scores the opposite direction. Put double sided tacky tape on the outside facing pieces. One on each side.
  3. Punch a border edge across the top if desired.
  4. Stamp on vellum using StaZon . Let dry as needed.
  5. Put side piece flush with front and back edge and attach. Repeat.
  6. Attach the bottom flaps together.
  7. Cut slit in front edge on bottom and run ribbon through slit.
Hope that was helpful. I would tape my bag better and run the ribbon around the entire bag after putting in my gift with tissue paper for my next gift bag.

The image is from Art Impressions and part of a new line they have called Jingle Tots. I tried to limit myself so I bought the adorable snowmen and a stamp with the little kids. They are so cute.

The image was stamped two times and pieced together. (Sloppy coloring on my part using my copics) The tassels are Flower Soft and the lights and snow are accented using Stickles.  Little black gems as accents for eyes and buttons. The background snowflakes and stars are Hero Arts.   The stars are stamped using Versamark and embossed using Judikins Kaleidescope embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by. Sorry about the double post. :) I am going to share my Oz stair step card tomorrow and wanted to enter the 2S4Y before the challenge ended.

Hope you have fun plans for the weekend!

Suzz

18 comments:

  1. very cute Suzz... you made an awesome job of your bag, love your snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab gift bag, love those cute paper pieced snowmen! You can put this in my pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever to use a sketch on your gift bag! Love the vellum and tulle and those snowmen are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling little cluster of cheery snowmen, love this! Great inspiration for making more alterable items!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative, Suzz! Love this beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool that you made your own vellum bag! I love it and the tulle is awesome as is the image!

    Thanks for playing along with the Embellish gang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome gift tag and bag Sue - so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful gift bag Sue. Thanks for the instructions. Those snowmen are great.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, Sue! Love those snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute gift bag.. those snowmen are too cute..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute and so creative! Love the toule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful gift bag, Sue! Love the vellum and the snowmen are way too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. man these are so dang cute & whimsical too. I love your take on the sketch for this gift bag!
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Love what you did with this challenge. The snowmen are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just pure cuteness! I love it! Hugs from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!