Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hope Feathers

I took a quick peek at Mona's colors this morning and her card and they both were fabulous! So of course I pulled out my supplies before church and started playing around. Mind you nothing on this card was what I started with this morning. :) Mona's color challenge CR84FN4 this week is light purple, purple and grey.

Here is where my card ended up.


And here is the yummy inspiration photo:

The flowers were made from tissue  paper that came in my daughter's shoes. It had such a fun pattern that I pulled it and set it aside for future use.

I love this verse from Verses Rubber Stamps called: Hope Feathers QQ1007-D. The verse is:

Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches on the soul,
that sings a tune without words
and never stops at all. 
Emily Dickinson

And since I have a few bird stamps this comes in handy and is great to send to someone needing a little hope. The music notes is Hero Arts Cling stamp, the birds are Inkadinkado Dawn Houser. Inks: Hero Arts Lilac Shadow Ink, Memento London Fog, and Versafine Imperial Purple.   Other supplies: May Arts Silk Ribbon, Spellbinders Die Cuts Ovals, Labels 10, Doily. 

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!

Suzz

20 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and poem. Love the flowers too
    Margaret :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sue! What a gorgeous card! I love those pretty flowers, the doily and all the lil' birds in a row :) They look like they are chatting with each other! Thank you so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! These colors bring back memories for me, as they were our (local) sorority's colors. There was a looooong time after college that I wouldn't go near lavender, but I love it again now! I love your bird theme and the lovely doily and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Love the tissue flowers, wonderful sentiment to go with the Birds and Music BG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!! I thought the card I saw this morning from you was fabulous!! But seeing this hours later really makes my heart swoon, LOVE the colors, so beautiful! And the verse is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Sue - really wonderful colors here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so pretty and elegant Suzz. Such a wonderful card. You have outdone yourself yet again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card and your beautiful flowers! and fully agree about that verse ... such beautiful words

    ReplyDelete
  9. How on earth do you do it Sue? You are one talented lady and this gorgeous card is proof. It's another stunner and those tissue flowers are so pretty. Really love that verse too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeousness, Sue! wow! beautiful stamping and those tissue paper flowers are so pretty! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love the soft colors and the bird image, another gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS! I love how you framed the image and those flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card! I love, love love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card! I love, love love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card! I love, love love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE birds. You always have lots of bird stamps. I need to come to your house. This is beutiful. The purples are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw... this is totally stunning, Sue! Love this color combo and your design is so gorgeous, I can just look at it all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Suzz ! Very elegant card love the bird stamp !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!