Tuesday, November 16, 2010

On the way to the Market

I stopped here... and here... before finally arriving. :)

Do you ever find you start with something and it takes you a few tries to get there?  Well... I had this Santa image stamped and colored on my desk.  I saw the wonderful sketch #66 from Kazan from 2S4Y and decided to combine the two. Here is the output of this little crafting session...

Here is the final card:


Before that version was this version which was sitting on my desk since last night and this morning I took a long look at it and thought the proportions were wrong. So I re-sized it and cleaned it up. (Off popped Santa and the gems to re-use on the new card.)


And in between those cards was my original stamped Santa and his card.  

The good news is that I ended up with two Christmas cards to send out! :)

Here is the great sketch from Kazan:


The products used in the projects; Making Memories Christmas Tissue Tape, Versafine Vintage Sepia, Black Onyx, Stampers Anonymous Letter to Santa CMS053, Cornish Heritage Farm - Scrapblok - Aged Sheet Music, Stampabilities - Vintage Holly IR1026, Cornish Heritage Farm - Night Before Christmas

Thanks for sticking with me on the way to the market. :)

Have a lovely Tuesday!

Suzz

20 comments:

  1. Love your Santa christmas cards Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful vintage Santa! All three are beautiful holiday cards, lovin' that Tissue Tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all, Suzz! What a neat Santa image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Santa image look great. And so do both your cards.. It seem like that always happens to me.
    What ever I have in mind for a card usually alway truns out diffent. I hope you have a great day.. Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love all 3 Suzzanne. I love vintage Santas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Christmas cards, Sue!! Love your take on the sketch and the beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both wonderful cards using that fabulous vintage Santa! Great job, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love vintage Santas and I love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post Suzz.... you were right - the first version just wasn't right,,, but the second version perfectly proportioned. What a lovely Santa image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you too Sue. The second version (1st photo) is much better in proportion. Thanks for showing us the difference between the two. Love the other other one too. I think this is my favourite Santa image 'cos he's the one I always carry in my head.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are gorgeous Christmas cards, Sue! I loved seeing the two versions of your first card - it's amazing the difference between the two with the changes you made!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful!!! Love that Santa image!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are beautiful! i love the simple design on the first one and the second one is so YOU! love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the challenge. Perfect old time Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice Suzanne - both are gorgeous and different from each other too! Is that a new profile pic of you? it is lovely :)
    Thanks for joining us at 2 Sketches 4 You this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!