Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hero Arts Monthly Challenge

I have a big confession to make... Over half of my stamps wood, cling and clear are Hero Arts. I love their products. I had some free time last night with no commitments and I decided I better get some  of my beautiful Hero Arts stamps out and play with them. They have been a bit neglected with all of my other stamping projects. :)  The challenge this month at Hero Arts is to use inks, create gifts or gift tags. 

I started with this card:


The snowflakes were stamped on white cardstock using Versamark and embossed with Kaleidoscope embossing powder. This creates the resist and a tiny bit of glimmer on the snowflakes.

Apply chalkboard spray from Tattered Angels in Evergreen. Spray Ranger Perfect Pearls Mister Forever Blue over background. The background has this very soft shimmer that I can't show in the picture.

Heat dry and flatten. :) I put my design blocks upside down on the paper and let dry for awhile before heat drying.

Stamp partially the Old French Writing using Versafine Vintage Sepia.  Stamp sentiment from Northwoods onto background using Versafine Vintage Sepia. This didn't show up clearly enough for me so I added some brown embossing powder from Zing and heat embossed it.

Stamp large flourish using versamark onto background.

Sponge edges using brown dye ink. Accent with sea foam pearls and mount onto white card base.

I loved the soft blue green background and decided to keep using it! I created three sheets of cardstock to play with.

I also pulled out some shapes and templates I have acquired from different projects and hand traced them onto some of the paper as well as die cut some shapes using my Spellbinders dies. 

This little tag started with stamping the Hero Arts Sentiment Silent Night Holy Night multiple times in the background.  
 Stamp the Madonna and Child using Versafine Vintage Sepia over top of the sentiment. Sponge the edges with brown dye ink. Add a touch of water color pencil to the faces and bodies. Add ribbon and twine. Done. :) 

The next one was die cut with two Spellbinders dies.

Stamp the Antique Flower Background using Versafine Spanish Moss unevenly to allow variation. Stamp Winter Pine using Versafine Vintage Sepia. Add color to the tree trunk and branches using a watercolor pencil (brown) and white gel pen for highlights. Stamp sentiment on another piece of the misted background. Cut and sponge edges with brown dye ink and highlight with white gel pen. Add tiny bird in the tree using same brown ink. Sponge edges of Oval. Add ribbon.

Last but not least.


 Cut circle. Stamp music background using brown dye ink. Stamp Big Pine Bough using Spanish Moss (Versafine) accent with watercolor pencil and gel pen. Stamp bird on white cardstock using brown pigment ink. Color using brown, light green and turquoise watercolor pencils. Accent with white gel pen. Sponge edges of doily, circle and bird with brown dye ink. Stamp sentiment (Memory Box Heaven Sings) on piece of misted background. Attach ribbon and bow.

Hope you stuck with me through the end. :)

Have a blessed Sunday... We are all excited as next week is a short week due to Thanksgiving. Yeah!
As always thank you for stopping by...

Suzz

33 comments:

  1. Oh my... these are all masterpieces and beautifully done! Love the techniques, the colors and each individual result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Suzz these are all amazing. Love the blue colors and you must have an arsenal of HA stamps girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the projects you created. Simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All four are stunning, Suzz! Love the third one! Wonderful shape and gorgeous tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab projects you created from yourstamped panel, lovely use of color. They'll look great on your tree, or as present toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful Sue and I love this color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely STUNNING pieces, fabulous colours and what wonderful images. These will be treasured by the recipients I'm sure, unless you keep them yourself of course LOL. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these, Sue, but the final 2 melted my heart - so very lovely. Your colors and choice of elements are inspired. So glad you decided to play; I'm filled with inspiration! Thanks, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUNNING projects Suzanne!!! LOVE the colours and soft feel they all have in common...so PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color is so rich; the combination of stamps so perfect! Beautifully done! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all lovely little pieces of art!. Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh...all these tags and card are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful group of projects Sue and love the background colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these are beautiful. I swear, I don't know how you do it, but it's not up to me to wonder, I'll just sit back in total amazement and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of them! That color,blue-green is just amazing! love all the stamps and technique you used!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such richness and yet so dainty!!! Love these projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, so gorgeous with its color and and the snowflakes, your tags are super stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow love this color you created! Gorgeous tags and card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful, Sue! I love the card and the tags make it a gorgeous set! The colors are beautiful as well as the techniques you used. Hope you play with your stamps again! What a treat for us...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Sue...these are gorgeous! Love the distressing and that fabulous greenish/blue hues!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so gorgeous. Thanks for all the details - very interesting.
    Happy Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all amazing. I love the colors and all the stamps look wonderful.. How fun to just play around and create such beautiful things...

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. all of these are so stunning. The colour is just awesome. So pretty. Blessing to you and your family for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your work is amazing! Colours are gorgeus!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness - these are just gorgeous. I love every one. Wonderful color selection ... thanks so much for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful projects and the top one is my favorite with the snowflakes, sentiment and old script!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm always amazed every time I visit your blog, Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful layered stamping. love the colors, too. amazing projects, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Every single item in this post is beautiful Sue. The colours are amongst my favourites and your have created such lovely depth with the layered stamping. I really like the added depth created by using the white gel pen too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness! I am so glad you were a winner at Hero Arts or I might have missed these stunningly gorgeous projects! Congrats!....you totally deserve the recognition and I'm so happy for you! I appreciate that you share your techniques too!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  31. If I had not checked Hero Arts today I would have missed seeing your absolutely fantastic cards. What more can one say about your work that has not already been said. You are so very gracious to give all instructions also. Thank you so very much for sharing ....not that I can ever produce anything as elegant. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  32. your tags are all beautiful..Congrats on winning on the HA blog; glad I came over to your blog to check it out. How inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!