Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tag Tuesday! Yeah!

It has been awhile since I was able to play along with the Tag Tuesday and the Hero Arts Challenge.  This week's Tag Tuesday is front and back tags. You need to go check out Louise's tag and challenge because she has such a clever and beautiful tag.  Hero Arts theme this month is gift tags or gifts. I combined the two challenges and came up with this:

The front of my tag:
 and the back of my tag:
The idea behind the front and back tag was to carry your image over onto the back. I did stamp the trees on the front and back in the same position but you don't get the same effect as Louise's tag. I did change up my back to have no highlights which I kind of like as if the front of the tag is what is in the light and behind the trees the colors are stronger and darker. :)

Late post as I gave up on my tag halfway through and set it aside and worked on a few other projects. I came back to it and decided to finish it. I also had a last minute panic thinking I made something very similar last year for the Hero Arts challenge. I went back and looked and it wasn't the same tag. LOL!

The tree and stars images are Hero Arts stamps and the sentiment is Penny Black. Colors (Ranger Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire and Adirondack Purple)

Have a good night!

Suzz

30 comments:

  1. Pretty Tag! Wonderful colors, love the added silver embossing and the white highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really beautiful colors on this tag! I've never put any thought into inking both sides of a tag, wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh love the purples Suzanne! This tag is gorgeous--both sides! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty tag.. Love the purple with the embossing.. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this beautiful tag, Suzz! The purple and silver make such a striking combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag and I like how you've added the sentiment to the little piece of torn vellum.
    CONGRATS on being November Guest Designer at Scroll's Work Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your vibrant purple tag! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! Your tag is beyond beautiful!! I'm trying to come up with our Christmas cards and your tag just inspired me with the purple and silver!! I think the embossing was the perfect touch to your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous tag! Purple and silver are so grand and elegant together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag! The purple is devine... Heck, I didn't even see the trees! What a versatile stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sick in bed writing to you today - had to tell you how stunning your tag is - just LOVE love the coloring!
    Ididn't recognise the trees either at first!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag, and I love the sentiment on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So elegant...what a gorgeous tag! Love the beautiful color and the white highlights. It's amazing that you can get so much lovely detail on such a small piece of art. Love it!
    bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazingly stunning, Sue! Love the purple over the silver embossed images!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful colors! I love this beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Tag looks wonderful.. I love that little quote. I finished mine last night, I still need to get a photo of it and post it..

    Hope you are haveing a happy day!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just darling with the swirls and birds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This is just stunning.. front and back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your tag! The color is beautiful, the swirls, the birds. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! gorgeous tag, Sue! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The purple here is just stunning. I love the way you created your swirls...and the vellum, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful double sided tag! Love the embossing and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It´s so amazing. love the colors and the distressing. Geat work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful tag! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous tag, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, Suzz! This is sooooo pretty! I love the silver and purple together! And I love the highlights on the front of the tag, too! Just terrific! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful colors. Very regal looking!!! Just a wonderful tag!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!