Saturday, November 6, 2010

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

I loved all the images from the Oz Collage so much I wanted to create a card that showcased multiple images and it all started with Dorothy and her journey. So I created a stair step card following the yellow brick road.


I thought it would be fun to show the scenes as she met the characters along the yellow brick road.

The scarecrow had to be in the cornfield, the lion in the woods and Dorothy with Toto at the beginning of the journey.

The stair step card recipe is from Splitcoast Stampers forum of techniques. I usually can find any folding techniques there.

The images are all stamped using versafine pigment inks and colored using watercolor pencils. The road is hand drawn with white gel pen on yellow cardstock. The corn and twigs were gathered from outside. The papers are from October Afternoon or Cosmo Cricket.

Have a lovely Saturday!

Suzz

20 comments:

  1. What an absolutely adorable card. I am not really a Wizard of Oz fan, but this is just brilliant design. Thanks for sharing.

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to tell you again AMAZING.
    Thanks for entreing my giveaway
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhau!!!, es todo el escenario del Mago de Oz, fabuloso este trabajo, enhorabuena. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab design, just perfect for those lovely OZ images! You've really brought the images to life here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is so amazing! Just love it and all the attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utterly fabulous and innovative. you are clever Suzz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.... This is wonderful and amazing.. So creative. I love it.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a Wizard of Oz fan but this is amazing! I am also a Suzanne C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super creative Sue! This is a total work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw... this is amazing, Sue! All the elements and details are perfectly put together! Love love love it!

    I made a stair step card yesterday too, it's for the Tiddly Inks Challenge! I can't share it yet, but mine is no where close to what you have here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lions and tigers and bears Oh My, this is great, love the details. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just amazing! What a lovely scene you've created here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW...a lot of thought went into this. Great scene card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love this step card! These are always so fun to decorate! Love the placement of each character!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWSA! I can't even begin to say how much I love love love this creation! LOOOOOOVE it--it has def. become my #1 FAV FAV FAV creation! HOOORAY:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. your details are always amazing. superb card, Sue! LOOOOOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!