Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Tin Man's Heart

This was one of the cards I created using the new Oz Collage from Artistic Outpost. I knew I wanted to ink him up in Foil (aluminum foil from the kitchen) as soon as I saw the image. That triggered the inspiration to create the foil background using the embossing folder.  The image is stamped several times and pieced together.

I love this sentiment.  My daughter snatched this card up right away for her friends birthday. This made me  happy as the tween cards are always so difficult to design.  She actually couldn't decide between this card and the raffia lion easel card.  She decided on this card because of the sentiment.

The trick with the aluminum foil is to back it onto a piece of cardstock before you do anything. Also make sure you use a thin layer of adhesive. A spray adhesive on the cardstock would probably be the best adhesive as the glue tape can show through. 

StazOn ink stamps on to the foil and you can also use alchol inks or copics on the foil. Don't put copics or alcohol inks over your StazOn as it will erase your Stazon ink. :)  But you can stamp on dried alcohol inks/copics with StaZon.

Have a beautiful day!

Suzz

11 comments:

  1. Fab card! Love the use of the tinfoil for the Embossed background and also the Tin Man. Wonderful coloring, the heart doily is a great embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How unique is this! Great tips on using tin foil, too, Sue, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaah!!!, preparando mi viaje se me habian escapado las dos anteriores tarjetas, MARAVILLOSAS, es que te tengo que copiar algun dia, no me voy a poder resistir.
    Esta de hoy es espectacular el fondo que has hecho, realmente parece latón metálico, creatividad de verdad.
    Gracias por tu visita, eres mi referente.
    Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, Suzz! Love the silver and red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, what a wonderful use of tin foil, love the crinkly shine that it gives off! This reminds me, on trick or treating night, there were a handful of people (a family)that dressed up as the entire Wizard of Oz cast, it was pretty neat how they got all of the costumes perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that folder's perfect for the tin man Suzz. fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! Love the background! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat card! I love the use of tin foil!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love the tin man and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really cool background. fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet creation, Sue! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!