Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving - A little early

I know my kids and myself are eagerly awaiting next week when Thanksgiving arrives... Family, Time off, setting up our Christmas decorations...
All family time mixed in with just relaxing and spending time with friends too!

This morning I created a Thanksgiving card to give to my MIL who is hosting Thanksgiving this year.  She is a fantastic cook and it will be wonderful to bring something to the dinner (easy appetizers) but not prepare it. :)


I started with a sketch from a challenge blog called Friday Sketchers.  The design is  similar to yesterday's card. I used the lovely Memory Box paper from the Blackbird collection called Evening Roost. I love how it reminds me of my Grandma's old apron. The stamp is from Inkadinkado and something I purchased second hand as I wanted a turkey image and loved the scene with the gobbler and the pumpkins and wheat.

Very simple design. Although I admit I pulled the leaves off a fall decoration we are getting ready to put away in anticipation of Christmas.

Here is the sketch and the challenge is at Friday's Sketchers Challenge 128


Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful vintage Thanksgiving card! Great use of the sketch, love the papers, wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Sue - love your comment about Gramma's apron - sweet! Have a wonderful holiday! We are seeing both sides of the family, so we'll be leaving this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sue! Wonderful colouring and distressing! I love the pp you have used and those pretty leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh So pretty..Love these warm rich colors and beautiful coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super gorgeous Sue! I'm sure your MIL will really appreciate the thought and work that went into this! Great way to thank her for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sue - look at this! Outstanding design and those colors...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color combination! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, MiL will luv it! Only an appetizer, how do you get off so easy? lol, go spead joy and have fun. Missed you GF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Your MIL will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So warm and wonderful.. LOVE IT!

    Hope you are having a wonderful day my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...This is THE perfect Thanksgiving card. Love the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!