Friday, December 12, 2008

Art Creations Friday Challenge...

The Art Creations Friday Challenge: http://artcreationsfriday.blogspot.com/ posted this beautiful lady as the challenge photo.

I left her pretty much the same but added a resist image ontop of her and sponged a light pink and brown around the edges.
I did mask her face because my first attempt I didn't and I didn't like the effect. I also tried using a chalking technique where you chalk first and then emboss with clear embossing powder. The effect didn't show enough color on the resist. I bunched the lace along the bottom with glue dots. I added flowers, hat pin and embossed a silver charm with bronze embossing powder to coordinate with the photo corners.

Products:
  • Image - Art Creations Friday
  • Flowers - Prima
  • Lace - JoAnn's
  • Hero Arts DesignBlock - Poinsettias and Birds
  • Versacolor - Opera Pink
  • Memento - Rich Cocoa
  • Pearls - Unknown

Thanks for stopping by..

Suzz

18 comments:

  1. Love your wonderful pece of art.
    It's amamzing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card !!!
    thanks for this lovely
    entry to art creations Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Suzanne...
    Love your new header too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!!!
    And I also love your new header!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzz, I love the different techniques you used. The results are very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it, all different techniques worked out just great for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue you are giving me some new ideas to do with images - I love this - so subtle... the colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely. Lace idea is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just fabulous! Love the colors, the lace, the pin and the butterfly, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful~ I am in love with the colors and how you applied them. The rest is pretty phenomenal too. By the way. I love your new photo and the wonderful smile. Mine looks like a deer caught in headlights. I am going to take it over soon. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A friend, who is devoted to Spitcoaststampers, sent me a link to your fabulous card. Normally I would just take a look and close the browser but this card is exquisite which prompted a visit to your blog! It is fabulous too - I trust you have been highlighted in Artful Blogger! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY beautiful setting for this lovely lady. The lace and beaded stick pin are wonderful accents!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!