Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Color Challenges

This week's challenge over on the Hero Arts Blog http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2008/12/08/motivation-mondays-its-going-to-be-a-colorful-week/ is color... There are several choices to work from. I chose Friday's colors: Red-Orange, Pastel Yellow, Dark plum, Bright purple, Spearmint Green. I think it is hard to see the colors on the swatch and on the end product.

I originally thought to use buttons as berries but they were too large on my wreath. The gems are beautiful and this picture doesn't do them justice as they add this beautiful sparkle to my holiday wreath. The wreath is made from a tree stamp.

Recipe:

  1. Ink up the top half of the tree stamp with green ink. I excluded the bottom half of the tree as it was a strong line in my wreath. Stamp the the tree top on the outside and leave the main stem pointing to the middle of the circle. I actually traced a circle on my first attempt to keep it aligned but free-handed it on this version. Continue this until you have completed the wreath. Apply ink to the top portion of the tree and fill in around the edges as needed.
  2. Cut out the outside and inside middle of the wreath. I used my little detail scissors on the outside and my exacto knife for the middle.
  3. Apply gems randomly around the wreath.
  4. Tie little knots in purple ribbon and apply randomly.
  5. Stamp sentiment with plum ink.
  6. Cardstock was 3 colors, purple, yellow, and green.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Windy Tree
  • Gems - Hero Arts, K&Co, Crystal Stickers
  • Ribbon Unknown
  • Stampendous - Sentiment
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Peeled Paint
  • Colorbox - Lilac

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

1 comment:

  1. I love your banner!!!! and this card is just so gorgeous!!! In fact it is down right stunning! If you want snow on your blog go here and add the gadget. I took the title off by editing it.
    http://www.blogger.com/add-widget?loginRedirect=1oqr32z6ck1at&pli=1

    Thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!