Wednesday, December 17, 2008

KWerner Color Challenge # 35

Sorry I have been away. I have been creating 40 Christmas cards to send out. The kids even helped which was great!

I was so inspired when I saw Kristina's latest color challenge: http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/2008/12/color-inspiration-35.html and on the Hero Arts blog they are hosting a sketch challenge: http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2008/12/15/sketch-challenge-week-with-new-hero-arts-and-basic-grey/. So these cards just rolled right out. :) Okay maybe not that quickly but they were fairly easy because of the sketch and colors being given to me.

I created 2 different cards using Kristina's color palette:

I love these colors they were really easy to work with and there are 4 sketches and layouts to play with on the HA blog.
Card # 1:
Products:
  • Hero Arts - Poinsettias and Birds
  • Hero Arts - Screen Shadow
  • Stazon - Timber Brown
  • Hero Arts - Sparkle Clear - Holiday Messages
  • Memories - Sky Blue
  • Martha Stewarts - Snowflake Punch
  • Ribbon & Gems Unknown
  • Fiskars - Threading Water Punch
My second card was inspired by a new stamp I just bought from Impression Obsessions. This little bird is holding a candy cane on the stamp. I just cut that away and put the bird on a branch.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Long Branch
  • Hero Arts - WoodGrain Pattern
  • Hero Arts - Clear Design - Birthday Messages
  • Hero Arts - Shadow Ink - Sand
  • Impression Obsession - Candy Cane Chickadee
  • Hero Arts - Poinsettias and Birds
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder -
  • Nestabilities - Scalloped Circle
  • Marvy Uchida - Circle Punch
  • StazOn - Timber Brown
  • Adirondack - Pigment Ink - Cloudy Blue

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

10 comments:

  1. OH! Just beautiful! I love the colors on the first, and on the 2nd, that bird is so darn adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love your chickadee card..it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both really beautiful Sue - love this colour combo.. am I missing the mustard colour because of the scan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both really awesome, Sue! Don't you just love the color combo! I'm working on mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so pretty, love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted to play in this challenge...Loved the colors but just could not get it together yesterday!!
    Lovely cards you made.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Suzz! These are both super gorgeous cards! LOVE THEM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card, Suzz, and how creative with the branch. I saw that stamp and didn't get it. Guess why!!! LOLOL Your whole design is really very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!