Saturday, December 13, 2008

Joy to You

This is my final entry in the colors challenge for HA weekly challenge. The colors were Magenta, Paprika, Brown, Green, Taupe. I liked this set of colors as I thought they were more earthy tones.




Recipe:


  1. Take a glossy piece of cardstock. Drip 3 drops of Lettuce Alcohol Ink on the felt applicator and add 3 drops of blending solution. Drag the felt applicator across the 8 1/2 x 11" glossy cardstock in a straight line. Repeat all the way across the sheet of cardstock. Change the felt and do the same with the caramel color. The green stripes will have a darker area where you have overlapped. start your caramel rows in the lightest part of the green.

  2. I used a new stamp from Hero Arts which has a chicken wire look to it. I wanted to try a new technique I read about where you take the color off by using the blending solution on stamps. I did that but didn't think I got enough of an image. So I reversed it and applied rust mixed with blending solution on the rubber stamp and stamped it on the script piece of background on the card. It was interesting but a very muted effect. After my background dried I stamped the french script using my StazOn brown ink.

  3. The sentiment was stamped on the alcohol ink background using StazOn Green ink.

  4. Stamp the tree on white cardstock. Sponge the edges with a tan ink. Sponge orange and brown around the edges.
  5. Cut and mount all the pieces.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Slanted Tree
  • Hero Arts - Old French Writing
  • Hero Arts - Three Holiday Messages
  • Hero Arts - Screen Shadow
  • Hero Arts - Shadow Ink - Soft Sand
  • Ranger Alcohol Inks & Blending Solutions - Lettuce, Caramel, Rust
  • StazOn Solvent Ink - Timber Brown, Olive Green
  • Blue Moon - Lost & Found Charms
  • EK Success - Adornments - Red
  • Martha Stewart Border Punch - Doily Lace
  • Adirondack - Sunshine Orange
  • Memento - Rich Cocoa
  • Ranger Distress Ink - Aged Mahogany
  • Gems - Unknown

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

7 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful - so love these colours! You put so much work into your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, Suzz. There isn't much to say but how creative and loe the bling, fiber, and the charm too! Oh, I forgot the punched lace, the words. The whole thing~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, and such delicious details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The coloring around your tree is fabulous, and I love the gems you added! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!