Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Kwerner Color Challenge # 33

I love the color challenges... Sketches are harder for me to follow and I love color. So anything that can inspire a new look based on color is good with me... Here is the link to Kristina's great blog: http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/2008/12/color-inspiration-33.html. I also am doubling up challenges as these will also apply to the Hero Arts Blog weekly challenge. Lisa Spangler is hosting and has some really cute last minute card ideas and sneak peeks for the 2009 catalogue. http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/

Here is the wonderful color swatch:

Right away after seeing the colors I thought of doing a card with the blue spruce trees in teal and the orange skyline. I decided to try a second card which used the same colors for Christmas ornaments...


The recipes on these cards are fairly simple so I will share the products only. As Shirley says... I am taking the easy path today. :)

Products:

  • Hero Arts Designblock - Birds & Poinsettas
  • Hero Arts Clear Design - Classic Christmas Borders
  • Martha Stewart Clear Gift Tag Stamps
  • Hero Arts - Real Pine
  • Stampendous - Holiday Quad Cube
  • Hero Arts Clear Design - Three Tree Christmas
  • Marvy Uchida Purple Circle Punch
  • Ranger Distress Inks - Shabby Shutters, Broken China
  • StazOn - Pumpkin
  • Adirondack - Sunset Orange
  • Versafine - Deep Lagoon, Vintage Sepia
  • Memento - Rich Cocoa
  • General Kimberly Watercolor Pencil
  • Stampendous - Stamp N Stuff - Kaleidoscope Transparent Embossing Powder
  • Ranger Stickles - Orange Peel
  • Gems - K&CO

Thanks for stopping by..



Suzz




9 comments:

  1. Very Pretty...I was going to do that challenge too but the colors were just not coming together for me....
    Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both but I do have a soft spot for Christmas Trees! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are awesome, Suzz! I'm still trying to feel the colors, so far nothing. :) Your cards turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing and two at that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trees and the background on that first card are just so gorgeous and a great example of those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards, I particuarly like the second one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful and who would have guessed orange on a Christmas card! I have to say I love both for very different reasons. I like the easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You combined these colours beautifully!! I also like your background stamping in green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are gorgeous!! I love both of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!