I saw some beautiful vellum butterflies stickers frosted with glitter. This was my attempt to create something as beautiful. The sketch was from the HA sketches. I am missing the sentiment from the sketch. I tried to think of how to incorporate it and I decided I liked the card without a sentiment. :)
Here is a close-up of my butterflies...
Here is the final card...
- Cut 5" x 7" light blue cardstock. Stamp lace flower across the card using versamark. Heat emboss using iridescent/kaleidescope clear embossing powder.
- Stamp 5 snowflakes on vellum using versamark ink. Heat emboss the snowflakes using iridescent/kaleidescope clear embossing powder.
- Die Cut the snowflakes in the shape of the butterflies. Take iridescent chalk (blue) and rub it across the butterflies. Be careful as I bent my poor butterflies wings several times because I didnt' keep them flat. I rubbed with my fingers to make sure I removed the excess at the end.
- Cut a strip of kraft paper using a scalloped rotary cutter blade.
- Layer the lace and butterflies on the kraft paper.
- Add another strip of scalloped kraft paper and accessorize with the tiny light blue gems.
- Add pearls to the butterflies. Cut 1/4" of the light blue embossed cardstock to attach to the inside of the card on the end.
- Hero Arts - Lace Flower Cluster
- Hero Arts - Grand Snowflake
- Lace, Gems, Pearls Unknown
- Spellbinders Butterfly Die Cut
- Stampendous - Kaleidescope Embossing Powder
- Versamark Watermark Ink
- Fiskars Rotary Cutter - Scallop Blade
- Pebbles, Inc. Pearlescent Chalk
Thanks for stopping by...