Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Butterflies # 1

Everything is coming up butterflies... I don't know but I started with an idea of using a piece of printed paper. The butterfly was added and I have 2 cards now similar but different. I am sharing one now and one later or tomorrow. The dark background is a page from an old book purchased at a flea market a long time ago. Stamp the background design across the printed page using versamark ink. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Sponge the page with the grape color from Ranger Distress Inks. Ink the entire background with versamark and heat emboss using clear embossing powder. Cut tan cardstock for the sentiment using nestabilitie die cut. Stamp sentiment using grape ink.
Cut larger background from tan cardstock. Stamp wavy leaf design using grape ink. Stamp butterflies on tan paper and emboss with clear embossing powder. Sponge grape ink over the embossed butterflies. Cut out butterflies and assemble card.

Products:
  • Hero Arts - DesignBlock Wavy Leaf Pattern
  • Inkadinkado - 96660 (Butterfly) 5507- Sentiment
  • Ranger Distress Ink - Dusty Concord
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities - Label One
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Clear Embossing Powder

Thanks for stopping by...



Suzz

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! So beautiful and I just love the color and the butterflies! Merry Christmas, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, those butterflies look like they are made of lace - who makes them? I just love this card and am looking forward to the other similar one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made your butterflies. They come out so lacy and beautiful. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, love that distress ink colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredibly lovely and so soft and gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!