Tuesday, December 30, 2008

OCC Challenge - Clear Thinking

The challenge at OCC http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/ this week is clear thinking. Use something clear on a card. I thought I was going to do a card for both this challenge and the Hero Arts Challenge which is to make a thank you card. But this card came out as a sweetheart card instead.

I thought it would be fun to make a card half clear and half card. What I didn't think about was having to cover all the areas they connect. I have lace on the front and back outside of the card and a beautiful velvet ribbon on the inside. I also put a backing on the scalloped rectangle on the inside to hide the pop up dots.

The card is much softer in real life. It doesn't transfer in the picture but it is a nice contrast to have the clear, lace and brown paper all in one project.

Products:

  • Hero Arts Designblock - Wavy Leaf
  • Hero Arts Designblock - Poinsettias & Birds (birds)
  • Hero Arts Clear Design - Anytime Messages
  • Hero Arts - Delicate Leaves
  • Ranger Embossing Powder - Lettuce
  • StazOn - Olive Green
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Versafine Olympia Green
  • Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle, Ovals
  • Kaisers - Pearls
  • Hobby Lobby - Lace Trim

Thanks for stopping by..

Suzz

6 comments:

  1. So cute! Love clear cards!! Your sentiment is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card, the colors, the lace and the way you cut the branches! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love how you combine your elements and colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea to have the same stamped background on two different panels. I like the idea of the transparency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely, Suzz! I just really like how you use lace and pearls. The mounted birds and leafy stuff is great too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!