Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Periwinkle Radiant Rain...

I decided today that I needed to get out of my blue, green, brown phase and move onto some other colors.
This card started with a Periwinkle Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist by LuminArte. It is a very pretty shimmery light lilac color. This picture doesn't do it justice.


Recipe:
  1. I cheated. I bought a clearance bridal invitation set which has the shape you see on my picture as part of the invitation. I used it to trace the shape onto my background paper and then I cut it out the old fashioned way. :)
  2. The background was made by mixing the radiant rain with water and spritzing it on the background. I then added salt to pull the colors into spots. Unfortunately the picture doesn't do it justice.
  3. I then took some clear tree stamps which still had brown ink on them and inked them up with a light blue pigment ink. This made the images have tinges of brown on the light blue which I really liked after I stamped it. I heat embossed using kaleidescope embossing powder which is clear but leaves a trace of glitter.
  4. I stamped the deer on the same paper background with brown ink and cut them out.
  5. I stamped the sentiment across the top with grey ink.
  6. I then added liquid pearls in a lavendar color on the spots provided by the sentiment and continued down because I liked how they looked like snowflakes.
  7. Tied 2 knots on either side and punched the star border punch on the top and bottom.
  8. The paper underneath the punched border is grey.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Silent Night Holy Night
  • Stampendous - SSC1013
  • Luminarte - Radiant Rain, Shimmering Mist, Periwinkle
  • Liquid Pearls - Lavender Lace
  • Martha Steward - Border Punch

Thanks for stopping by...

Suzz

6 comments:

  1. Very Pretty Card...Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to visit your blog to tell you how fabulous your card is! Love the colors and the whole composition! And is your blog homepage new, too? Great way to welcome the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fabulous, Suzz! Love everything about it, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the trees. I guess I'm having a tree year or something, they seem so ethereal. The card is downright gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty. I bet it even more beautiful in real life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz, this is just beautiful. I loe what you did with the trees and the deer are perfedt too! So is that great sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!