Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve! & Butterfly # 2 and a Bird...

Happy Christmas Eve to you and your family!

I finished 3 cards yesterday which was a big deal for me... I also finished wrapping last night. Looks like the snow has stopped and it is going to rain and then freeze.

The first card was what inspired my butterfly card that you saw yesterday. I started with some vintage paper from a book I have that I pull pages from. I need to get a different book this one is a western and if you read the fine print it probably doesn't go so well with the cards. :)

Butterfly Card # 2

This actually started the butterfly cards. I started with wanting to use the vintage paper. I pulled a sheet from the book and stamped the butterfly on the paper.

Mini-Recipe:

  1. Stamp Butterfly using versafine black onyx. Color in using colored pencils. (My littlest one Tanya colored this in for me :)
  2. Stamp using versamark the background. I used a tree with flowers. Heat emboss using clear embossing powder. Repeat for background to sentiment.
  3. Sponge the printed pages using Broken China Distress Ink.
  4. Versamark the entire printed pages and heat emboss using clear embossing powder.

The rest is fairly easy. Just mounting and cutting cardstock.

Last card from this one project. I made the sentiment for the previous card and didn't like how it looked on that card sto this card was born. This was also designed to a sketch from the Hero Arts Blog Challenge.

Products: (both cards)
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Birds & Swirls
  • Hero Arts - Slanted Tree
  • Hero Arts - Sparkle Design
  • Hero Arts - CardArt Decorative Birds
  • Hero Arts - Good Things Messages
  • Paper Studio - Lace Trim
  • Kaisers - Pearls
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities - Scalloped Rectangle
  • Ribbon, Brads - Unknown
  • Ranger Distress Ink - Broken China
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Clear Embossing Powder
  • Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
  • Prismacolor Color Pencils
  • K&CO Gems

Merry Christmas! (I do have one fun card to post tomorrow for my stamping friends) I will post after the furor of the flying wrapping paper and the excitement of assembling has died down...

Suzz



7 comments:

  1. I like the multi colors of the butterfly and the book page on the first card. I like how you embossed the branches in white on the second. Both nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous cards! I love the second one with the lace, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Suzz! I love the colorful butterfly against this card. It really pops!

    Hope you and yours have a tremendous holiday season! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both cards...of course the one with the birdie is my FAV...LOL!Merry Christmas Suzz...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!!!

    Gorgeous goodies as always!!

    Catch you after the paper flies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards! I love the coloring on the butterfly - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these cards are lovely! You have inspired me all this year and I hope to use some of the wonderful techniques that make your work so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!