Sunday, June 7, 2015

April Showers

April Showers brings May flowers. We have been in the midst of a shower of flowers.  With two girls having two graduations and having multiple awards nights we have been bringing flowers to a variety of events.  The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge challenge this week is plants and I decided to use this as an opportunity to create some paper flowers to present to my daughter.  


Here is the finished picture with a few gift cards attached.  Saved on the flowers and bought her a few gift cards which she was thrilled with.
I have to admit that this was a bit addictive and I ended up with two bouquets of flowers in a variety of sizes.

You start with tissue paper and fold it into an accordion fold.  The most important thing is to have enough sheets of tissue paper so you get a nice full flower.  The rest can be varied (Length, Edges, Colors)

After you have folded it you will die the tissue paper and then wait, wait and wait some more to dry. I did use the heat gun to speed along the process but I let part of it dry overnight.

Once that is done you will need to add a tie in the middle. I used a light wire to tie the middle.

You will trim the edges.  On his one I chose to cut a rounded scallop on the edges and then cut out a little divot

You pull up each layer of the tissue paper up to the center from each side. This flower ended up not having enough folds and tissue paper so it didn't make it into the bouquet.

Here are a few other samples of flowers;


This was one of my favorites and ended up being quite large but a great focal flower for the center of the bouquet.

This flower I cut the ends into a point :
Less petals with a scalloped edge on the petals:
A fuller version:

To finish off the flowers I attached flowers stems by using the leftover wire on the center.  I sprayed some tissue paper to create my wrapping on the bottom of the bouquet.  I stamped on the gift card holder with some sentiments telling her how proud we were of her accomplishments.

Products: Ranger Archival Ink - Black  Ranger Distress Stain Spray -Fired BrickMustard Seed, Barn Door,  Spiced MarmaladeCracked PistachioFlower stems , Simon Says Stamp - More Sketchy  Banner Simon Says Stamp - Tilted Banner Sayings


Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher to a randomly selected participant in the challenge, come play along!

Thanks for stopping by!


Suzz

11 comments:

  1. Wow... these flowers are gorgeous, Suzz. Such a great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather get those than real flowers any day. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, some of the most beautiful I have seen made by hand. You are such a talented lady. Love the things you do. Have an awesomely crafty day full of Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tissue flowers are absolutely stunning, Suzanne! They would definitely brighten anyone's day!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant times a million! What a great floral solution for people like me who accidentally kill any sort of living plant! Now I can still make beautiful blooms that won't die. Love this and of course, the colors are fabulous. Always inspiring here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented! this idea is totally incredible! the flowers are wonderful,!! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Bouquet! I can see that it would addicting to make those. You've achieved such beautiful results. And Congratulations to the girls, too. Sounds like you've been a busy family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...these flowers are stunning, Suzz and I'm sure your daughter will treasure this wonderful bouquet forever! Congratulations to both of your girls on their acheivements... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are amazing Sue!! Love the vibrant colousr and all the different looks. Congrats on the graduates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These flowers are amazing, Suzz! The bright colors are stunning! Congrats to the girls! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!