Sunday, June 21, 2015

Don't Forget

Stamping and using sprays to mist are two of my favorite things. I was a very happy camper this week because that is the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week.  You can emboss or stamp an image and spray over it. Use mist to ‘ink’ a stamp. Apply mist color with a paintbrush to a stamped image. Any which way will do!  


I had my sprays out in shades of pink and decided to use those for my project.  I had a variety of pinks and a hint of lilac.


I started trying something new for me.  I took and unscrewed the top of my mister and pulled it out. Now usually I would flick the end and drip all over but I decided to push the head of the sprayer down therefore shooting out what was in the tube all over my paper.

I loved the splotchy effect and repeated a few times and then flicked some of the sprays across the paper.  To soften my pinks I did the same with my white pickets spray over my original pink spots. Of course it isn't an exact science so it partially covered it. 

I repeated this process on several pieces of cardstock and then came back and spritzed in a soft lavender color over the surfaces. 

When  that had dried I mixed up some white acrylic paint with water and flicked it over the surfaces.

I then stamped the butterflies in gray ink on some of the paper and cut them out.
I stamped the chicken wire over the background of the tag. Embossed the tiny safety pins by covering them with versamark and dipping them into white embossing powder and then holding them with my tweezers I heated them up. 

I used the top of some of them for my baby butterflies and the rest of it for my antennas! I thought they looked very clever.

By the way when pushing out the spray make sure to mask/cover the spray opening otherwise you will be sporting a lovely palm of pink like myself! :)


Products:   Ranger Distress Stain Picked RaspberryDylusions Bubblegum Pink,  Ranger Distress Stain Picket Fence,   Ranger Distress Stain Spray - Milled Lavender,   Prima Marketing Finnabair Rust and Dust,  Ranger Archival Ink - Watering Can, Idea-Ology Filmstrip, Idea-ology - Safety Pins, Versamark Watermark Ink, White embossing powder, DarkRoom Door - Chicken Wire Stamp, Prima Marketing - Don't Forget to FlyPrima Marketing - Now is the Right Time

Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher to a randomly selected participant in the challenge, come play along!

Thanks for stopping by!


Suzz


19 comments:

  1. Awesome tag, I looove pink ♥
    I also like that chickenwire-stamp, cool :)
    And that you've used pins as a decoration.
    The products list makes it so easy to find and buy what you need.
    Thank you :) Have a great day :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this!! I am not usually a huge pink fan, but this is so beautiful and delicate, just love how you put it together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to echo what Astrid said above. Not a huge fan of pink, but I think you have won me over! Absolutely gorgeous tag! I love the drips, drops, splatters and spritzes. I will need to read this again, before I try your technique though. I would surely have pink all over the place! Awesome project, and pinned! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is nice. I need to make this for my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and clever! thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and clever! thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very whimsical butterflies with the safety pins and in pink. Love this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHH... What a great tag! Your misting is pretty in pink! LOVE THIS! Already pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag, Suzz! I love the texture!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGsoh this is so fabulous and I love the safety pins on the butterflies, I am so going to do this, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very cool. Love the colours, the technique and those safety pins...very clever. I will be trying this out very soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I LOVE how you used the pins for the bodies, that is brilliant!! gorgeous tag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tag, Suzz! Love the pink and the safety pins on the butterflies! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. French people sing "la vie en rose"! Your tag is beautiful, I don't particularly like the pink but you were very good at not make it too sweet , you have given to this color the lightness that enhance it!! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so gorgeous Suzz! The colours are just beautiful and I adore how you've used the little safety pins on the butterflies, that's a fabulous idea! Love it.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... this is such an elegant tag! Suzz. I love the beautiful colors and embellishments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty! I love the shades of pink and those gorgeous butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the color combo and I thought it was genius of you to make the butterflies have little pin bodies. Your pieces always make me smile and admire your skills!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!