Saturday, June 6, 2015

Tropical Birthday

I haven't played along in the Hero Arts Blog challenge in forever and a day!  But I just received one of their new layering stamps sets which allows you to stamp the different layers in different colors and decided to play along in their fun "Tic Tac Toe" challenge that is going on all month!


 I played around with the colors to try different shades and after a few different attempts I ended up with something very similar to the shades used on the packaging. :)  I went browsing at Lin's blog as she is always so inspiring with the flowers and came up with this design:

I decided to cut out the flowers and layer them onto an acetate card.  I went to the crafty store for some tape refills and came out with some fun bamboo washi tape which had me die cutting the letters from it and then I used the Hero Arts Chevron background stamp on the bottom of the cardstock with the same green used on my leaves.

 I followed the tic tac toe line of  "Background Stamps", "Die Cuts", and "Birthday".

The Hero Arts Challenge is all month long and they have 4 prizes up for grabs.

Products:  Hero Arts Color Layering Hibiscus,  Hero Arts Cling Chevron,  Simon Says Stamp - Birthday Die, Bamboo Washi Tape,  Ranger Distress Inks - Shabby Shutter, Peeled Paint, Barn, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Ranger Archival Ink - Black

Happy Sunday!

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Suzz! I love the colors you used for the flowers! i just got this set too and you have completely inspired me! Looking forward to playing with this challenge theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful design Sue and fabulous summer colours. Our weather seems as if it's just about to warm up, I hope so.
    Hugs Brenda xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, absolutely gorgeous and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!