Thursday, June 18, 2015

Time to Fly

Happy Thursday!  Where has the week gone?  I started a layout earlier this week and wanted to use the colors from the Word & Paintery June Challenge and include layers and textures inspired by the 13Arts Challenge #31. 


I have to say the colors inspired me from the challenge and I had this picture of my daughter taken on her last day of high school.

I see all these fabulous layouts with all the layers of embellishments but when I went looking through all my embellishments I couldn't find what I wanted.  Instead I decided I wanted to continue the photo which was all sunshine and shimmery sunshine.

I mixed three colors in the background added white paint splattered over that.  I then pulled out mica flakes, goosebumps, and ultra fine crystal glitter.  I wish I had protected my daughters image but overall I love the soft shimmery background.  The photo really doesn't do the layout justice.


 Thanks for stopping by!


Suzz 

12 comments:

  1. I love how the photo blends into the page. Like the wings, too. Fabulous page(cute photo, too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the photo blends into the page. Like the wings, too. Fabulous page(cute photo, too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! The background looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so pretty, I love the texture of your background !!! Thank you for joining us at 13@rt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just fabulous!! love all the subtle details you have in the background, and the use of fairy dust really suit the photo too! thanks for joining us at 13@rts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Thank you for participating in the June Challenge with Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Words and Paintery this month

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at 13@rts!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!