Sunday, June 14, 2015

Imagination

This week the challenge is "Don't Cut just Paste" at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week.  Bring out your embossing paste and play!  I decided to use a background that I created with translucent paste.   

I pulled out my backgrounds and a bunch of bits and pieces.

I started with two tags backgrounds and a variety of bits and pieces using a layering stencil and Wendy Vecchi's translucent embossing paste.

While the paste was wet I laid the gold leaf on top and left it to dry.  After it dried I rubbed off the excess and misted the surface until it was saturated.

I then stamped he butterfly using gold ink and cut it out.  I used a resin face and touched it up with gold ink.  I added a golden stem and the gold ribbon on the bottom and the top. 

Products:   Ranger Distress Stain Spray -Peacock Feathers,
Gold Leaf Sheets, TIm Holtz - Idea-ology Remnant , Tsukineko Golden Glitz Delicata, Darkroom Door Eclectic Butterfly, Teresa Collins Wood Pieces (I used chipboard but these are comparable) , Lattice Work - Layering Stencil, Wendy Vecchi Translucent Embossing Paste, Prima - Figurehead Relics, Gold Trim. 


Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher to a randomly selected participant in the challenge, come play along!


Thanks for stopping by!


Suzz

11 comments:

  1. Stunning!! The gold makes it look so opulent and elegant, stunning textures, just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crumb-diddle Suzz!! That's the most elegant gold tone I have ever seen, what a genius idea, holy cow!! It just leaps off the page, especially on the wonderful aqua background! You are such an inspiration! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant! Love, love, love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tags, Suzz! I love the gold!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag! I love the beautiful butterfly and all that gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh wow! This is amazing! Love this! The gold with the blue is so stunning! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing piece! I am still shaking my head over how much dimension you were able to achieve. It's like I'm peeking through the lattice into a magical golden world. I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous tag, Suzz. All the embellishments are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful tags Sue!! Love the gold foil on the paste and the rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tag with so much texture and I adore the embellishments and that beautiful butterfly ~ it's gorgeous Suzz! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!