Thursday, June 11, 2015

Coffee & Seahorses

Tim's Tag for June features a cool coffee cup and a fun plaid background.  I ended up with two very different projects inspired by Tim's tag.

 I loved the plaid background on Tim's tag and had two new ink pads that I wanted to play with. I used them to create my plaid background.

I sponged on the two colors in one direction and then flipped the stencil and sponged the next direction. To grunge it up I sponged on Vintage Photo around the edges and sprinkled the distress ink across the surface.

I decided to use the seahorses with the layering stencil doily background and abandoned coral.  For the card I had a request from my son to create a coffee themed card for his girlfriend's birthday.    I had one coffee cup die cut and used it for the card.   My coffee cup is inspired in design by Tim's tag.
I added a birthday candle for the straw and had to hand cut my plastic cover but I like the transition to a birthday celebration.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW!!! I ABSOLUTELY adore that seahorse version Suzanne!!! And what a clever idea for the coffee cup. It looks such fun. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Suzz, the seahorses are very striking especially with the added stencilling and the colour is so vibrant. Love your backdrop and I love the coffee cup too. Fabulous makes. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Suzz and that tag is really something wonderful. I just love seahorses, my favourite underwater creature and yours are fabulous with the pattern on them. I really love these colours together too, a gorgeous summer tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these but esp the seahorses :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea using the doily stencil to colour the seahorses! I love their pattern, it's quite realistic! Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!