Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Discover

Do your stamps speak to you?  A good friend of mine and I laugh about this.  Mine do inspire me to put together a certain style or theme.  It is much harder for me to take a cute stamp and go a different path.  Today's card was definitely inspired by the main image.


 I started with this leftover piece of cardstock with alcohol inks splattered and smeared over the background.  I knew I wanted a strong image to place amongst the varied background.


I specifically asked my LSS to order the Brett Weldele images from Stampers Anonymous as they are handsome gents with strong features and lines.  I decided to place him in the midst of the alcohol splatters.

After I stamped him (using StazOn ink as the paper is glossy) I decided to mix in stencils with Wendy Vecchi black Embossing Paste.  I also used a few rub-ons on the background.

I came back and added my metal accents and a touch of tissue tape. I had fun playing with this image.  I am entering this in two different challenges: Mixed Media World - Vintage and Anything But Cute - Make it Masculine. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz 

12 comments:

  1. Love this, love the gold strong imagery set against the alcohol ink backdrop. Love the touches of stencilling too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous. Very inspiring .
    Thanks for showing Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing masculine card Suzz! Love the sentiment on the torn vellum, the clip holding it is such a fabulous bit! Great colours too, love the contrast of the black. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief, I am still trying to get used to this one...AHEM... Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Make It Masculine' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, I too find it difficult to do 'cute' as my usual style creeps in all the tie.
    Love what you have done with this Brett Weldele stamp, love his drawings. Great citrus colours with the strong black and white look good
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is superb! Love the Mr. Masculine image used as the focal point. The vellum with the small clip is awesome sauce and genius! This is fantabulous. Wowzers!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute. Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz, I'm so happy your stamps spoke to you this time! I love this image, and you are a lucky girl your LSS listened to your request! While the image does look so strong against the background, all your elements are just as fabulous! I love the contrast of the black texture paste--my favorite--and the bits of tissue tape against that beautiful inky backdrop. My hat's off to you for using some of your leftovers--another thing I like to do! Well done, and thank you for joining our Make It Masculine challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a brilliant piece! I could never tell it was made of a left over piece! It's gorgeous! Thank you for entering our challenge at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic ! Suzanne love Bretts stamps n you definitely have showcased this one fabulously . So striking !

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic piece!!! So striking! Love the choice of stamps and colors. :) Thank you so very much for joining our Make It Masculine challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!