Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Fly

How about a little pink, lilac and more pink?  I was inspired to play along in a few challenges the Words & Paintery Color Challenge and the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #13. (Think Pink) 

I have to tell you that the background started from a ribbon I was misting pink.  I was waiting for it to dry and decided to take a scrap of cardstock and kept pressing the cardstock on the ribbon until the surface of the cardstock was covered.  It reminded me of the sponge painting we did on our basement of course not in pink. :) 

When I was done I thought it made a pretty soft background and decided to use that as the base for the challenges.  I then stamped the Prima Finnabair image in black added some touches of lilac with my STAEDLTER watercolor pencils.  I then looked over and saw my hot pink sequins and thought they would be the perfect whimsical touch. 

They were all glopped together because I had used them on another project glue dots on and ended up pulling them off the other project and put them back in the container. when I pulled them out and placed some around the card I loved the overlapping effect and decided to use them the way they were. :)












That's all for me today!  Have a great one!

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. i love how the sequins reflect and carry through the theme from the stamp with the random dots and circles. they just look like they belong. very striking mixed media piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful that this developed into such a gorgeous creation from dabbing cardstock onto ribbon drying. Perfect stamp choice n the sequins really do add that extra pop of Pink !x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous work of art!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, gosh - this is fab. Thank you for joining us at Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo all this pretty pink is making me happy! gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project, love what you did here! Such fantastic use of that beautiful Finn stamp! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg. I love love it. Thank you for playing with us at Words and Paintery

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! I love all the colors and layers. Thanks so much for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were right, your use of the sequins did add a whimsical touch. I enjoyed reading how this piece came together. Your use of the cardstock to quickly dry the inked ribbon and have the paper serve as the background or base for the card was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors and details! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!