Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Mailbox

Good Tuesday to you!  The next ICAD prompt is mail.  I am also linking this up to the masculine challenge at Mixed Media World.


I created a mini envelope with 3 index cards.  I put two index cards together with tape around the sides and bottom.  I then cut a flap and attached it with tissue tape.
I stamped over the background on the bottom with a mail definition stamp from memory box. I hardly have used it and it was perfect for the challenge.  I then mixed in images from DarkRoom Door, Stampers Anonymous, and Deep Red. 
 To close my flap on my envelope I used two brads with a tiny Idea-Ology paper clip and a piece of twine.  I died a feather with blue ink for my quill.

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz 

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun and innovative envelope/art piece! I love all the arty details. Catching up on your recent projects and as always I'm so impressed with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Suzanne! Such a long time since we last chatted! Have you been on the DT for SSS long? (I'm so out of it - need to catch up dreadfully.) Last time I heard you were on the Stampendous DT, but I'm pleased to see you on all of these other DTs; I don't know Darkroom Door, so I'll have to give it a look. Your projects here are looking as fabulous as ever!

    Blessings,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous envelope! I love the blue hand dyed feather, what a great idea for the quill. Your brad enclosure is brilliant, what a great piece! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Love the red, white and blue effects. The quill feather sets it off brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool project! Absolutely fabulous design! Thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!