Over at HA this week it is about creating quick cards... Well I discovered that I am not so quick. I knew what I wanted to do with this card before I started which is unusual. I knew the design, colors, and layout. It still took me a little time to execute the card. Although in my defense it was intermingled with running my daughter to gymnastics, showers, bedtimes, letting the dog out... I am sure you all know what I mean. :)
This was my quick card. I had two inspirations for this card... Lisa Spangler made the cutest little owl card on her blog with a cut out circle http://sideoatsandscribbles.wumple.com/?p=471 and Kelly had these gorgeous pink scraplings that she made. http://cruzinkellster.blogspot.com/2008/12/minute-cards-with-marths-stewart.html Based on those two wonderful inspiration pieces the spinning penguins were born...
- Since I am a lazy cardmaker I didn't measure out the centers of my ovals. I eyeballed them. I used my nestabilities and layed the pattern paper upside down on the cutting plate and laid the die cut in the middle and laid the C cutting plate on top and flipped it over. I then ran it through the cuttlebug. I then did the same for the left and right ovals.
- Emboss the patterned paper with the oval cut outs using the swiss dots embossing folder.
- Create a card 5" x 7" from pink cardstock. Cut out a rectangle on the front of the card to leave the ovals open to the inside of the card.
- Sponge the patterned paper with teal colored dye ink.
- Attache PP to front of the card with pink thread in between the pieces in the center of the oval.
- Stamp six penguins on the patterned paper with pink ink. Cut them out with your fine scissors.
- Stamp snowflake in teal onto patterned paper. Stamp three penguins in pink on the snowflake stamp. Cut out the hats and scarves.
- Attach the little hats and scarves to the front of the penguins.
- Attach the penguins with the hats and scarves to the front of the pink thread and the other penguins as the back sides on the other side of the thread.
- Punch 20 snowflakes from the patterned paper and sponge pink ink on the snowflakes. Attach them to the top and bottom of the card in 2 layers.
- Hero Arts - Cap and Scarf Penguin
- Hero Arts - Grand Snowflake
- Basic Grey - Wassail - Snow Dust
- Adirondack Brights - Pool
- Versacolor - Opera Pink
- StazOn - Fuschia
- Martha Stewart - Snowflake Punch
Thanks for stopping by...